Seychelles is a strategically advantageous destination in setting up private and equity fund jurisdictions. The Seychelles Mutual Fund Act 1997 has been recently superseded by the new Mutual Fund and Hedge Fund Act, enacted in 2008.
Types of funds:
- Private Funds - A private mutual fund cannot have more than 50 investors and public offerings are prohibited for subscription to this fund;
- Professional Funds - A professional fund is incorporated by professionals or high net worth investors that desire moderate regulations. Minimum investment per investor is USD 100,000;
- Public Funds - A public fund must be regulated by an offering document which must include detailed information on the fund to the public;
- Exempt Foreign Fund - The Funds Act allows foreign incorporated funds to operate from Seychelles.
* Please note that A-Swiss do not offer any financial services advice or asset management services. We can refer you to the appropriate licensed entities should you require these services.