A person not of Chinese nationality, who has entered Hong Kong with a valid travel document, has ordinarily resided in Hong Kong for a continuous period of not less than 7 years and has taken Hong Kong as his or her place of permanent residence is a permanent resident of the HKSAR.
To qualify for a permanent resident in Hong Kong, applicants must:
- be staying in Hong Kong at the time of application;
- have ordinarily resided in Hong Kong for a continuous period of not less than 7 years
- take Hong Kong as their place of permanent residence.
- To provide an initial assessment for the applicant and advise the rate of success;
- To check and assist in completing the application forms and gather all the necessary supporting documents;
- Formal submission of the application forms with the Hong Kong Immigration;
- To attend queries raised by the Hong Kong Immigration.